FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is the World Gourmet Series Awards Of Excellence?
The World Gourmet Series Awards Of Excellence, formerly known as Asian Gastronomic Awards Of Excellence, is an industry recognition programme that acknowledges individuals and organisations, that make significant contributions to the development of the F&B and hospitality industries.
Moving on to its 15th year, AOE will recognise 27 awardees on 14 April 2015, coinciding with the opening of the World Gourmet Summit 2015.
What is the evaluation process like?
The evaluation process consists of two rounds. In the first round, voting and nominations will be open to both members of the public and a select group of F&B professionals and connoisseurs. Nominations and votes are collated and tabulated. The highest scoring 4-6 nominees for each award category will be selected and proceed on to the final round - Round 2.
In the final round, a selected group of key industry decision makers will evaluate the finalists and select the most outstanding finalist. Results are then submitted to independent auditor.
I work for a restaurant and / or establishment that is nominated. Can I vote as a member of the public?
Yes. For employees of establishments who wish to cast their votes, we only count one vote from one IP address, regardless of how many email addresses have registered from the same computer. However, you are free to vote as a member of the public.
I am a nominee in one of the categories, how can people vote for me?
Members of the public are welcome to vote for their favourite establishment or preferred candidate by heading to our voting page here
. Establishments are welcome to share the e-DMs that we blast out about AOE with their own database of contacts to help spread the word around.
How many times can I vote?
Each person is entitled to vote only once in each voting and nominations round.
How many finalists make up each category?
Four to six finalists will be named for each category.
When will the finalists be announced?
The finalists will be announced in March 2015. Stay tuned for more updates on this site and on our social networks (Facebook
When is the Awards Of Excellence Awards Ceremony?
It will be held on 14 April 2015.
ABOUT THE WEEKLY LUCKY DRAW
These are the mechanics to qualify for the Weekly Lucky Draw:
1. You have to register and vote to qualify for the weekly lucky draw, which will entitle you to gift or dining vouchers. We are giving away over S$500 worth of vouchers.
2. Each voter can only win one prize, i.e. If Mr ABC has won one prize, his name will be automatically disqualified from the rest of the draw.
3. In the event that a name that has been drawn previously is drawn again, that ballot would be considered null and void and another name will be drawn.
4. Winners are announced on this website and on our social networks (Facebook
), so stay tuned for updates. Get your friends to "like" and "follow" us for more chances of winning.
5. Winners will be notified by phone or email.
6. Lucky draw winners who are located overseas (out of Singapore) will be given the option of having their prize mailed.
7. Winners of the lucky draw will be required to collect their prize within 2 weeks from notification. All unclaimed prizes will be forfeited.