FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is the World Gourmet Series Awards Of Excellence?
The World Gourmet Series Awards Of Excellence, formerly known as Asian Gastronomic Awards Of Excellence, is an industry recognition programme that acknowledges individuals and organisations, that make significant contributions to the development of the F&B and hospitality industries.
Moving on to its 14th year, AOE will recognise 28 awardees on 5 April 2014, coinciding with the closing of the World Gourmet Summit 2014.
What is the evaluation process like?
The evaluation process includes two rounds of voting open to both members of the public and a select group of F&B professionals. Each round is subject to a review by select industry key decision makers. Finalists will be determined at the end of the two rounds. The winner will be selected based on his / her merits and at the final review. The results will be submitted to an independent auditor.
Who make up the members of the industry jury?
The industry jury is composed of a select group of F&B professionals and experts. Members of the public, on the other hand, are welcome to vote and nominate during the two rounds of public voting.
I work for a restaurant and / or establishment that is nominated. Can I vote as a member of the public?
Yes. For employees of establishments who wish to cast their votes, we only count one vote from one IP address, regardless of how many email addresses have registered from the same computer. However, you are free to vote as a member of the public.
I am a nominee in one of the categories, how can people vote for me?
Members of the public are welcome to vote for their favourite establishment or preferred candidate by heading to our voting page here
. Establishments are welcome to share the e-DMs that we blast out about AOE with their own database of contacts to help spread the word around.
How many times can I vote?
Each person is entitled to vote only once in each voting and nominations round.
How many finalists make up each category?
Five finalists will be named for each category.
When will the finalists be announced?
The finalists will be announced in March 2014. Stay tuned for more updates on this site and on our social networks (Facebook
When is the Awards Of Excellence Awards Ceremony?
It will be held on 5 April 2014.
ABOUT THE WEEKLY LUCKY DRAW
These are the mechanics to qualify for the Weekly Lucky Draw:
1. You have to register and vote to qualify for the weekly lucky draw, which will entitle you to shopping and / or dining vouchers. We are giving away over S$500 worth of vouchers.
2. Regional public voters who voted for the regional category are eligible for a separate draw.
3. Each voter can only win one prize, i.e. If Mr ABC has won one prize, his name will be automatically disqualified from the rest of the draw.
4. In the event that a name that has been drawn previously is drawn again, that ballot would be considered null and void and another name will be drawn.
5. Names are filtered to exclude industry jurors who have registered themselves as public jurors (voters).
6. Winners are announced on this website and on our social networks (Facebook
), so stay tuned for updates. Get your friends to "like" and "follow" us for more chances of winning.
7. Winners will be notified by phone or email.
8. Prizes unclaimed after 5 May 2014 will be forfeited.